9799692b348 Nivedhanam: Garlic Naan

Monday, June 10, 2013

Garlic Naan

What is your first choice of Indian Bread that you order in a restaurant? For me it is either Garlic naan or Onion Kulcha. That was until I laid my hands on Garlic Naan at home... It was so simple and so flavorful, now I rarely appreciate the ones in the restaurant.. Garlic Naan is a famous Indian bread that tastes best when served hot. It is accompanied with a variety of dishes like paneer Butter Masala, Channa Masala etc.
Garlic Naan - IMG_1648
Ingredients
All Purpose Flour / Maida – 2 cups
Luke Warm Water + Milk – ½ cup + 3 table spoons
Oil – 2 spoons
Curd – 2 table spoons
Sugar – 1 tea spoon
Salt – 1 tea spoon
Rapid Rise Yeast – 1 tea spoon
Butter – 1 table spoon
Garlic (minced) – 2 table spoons
Garlic Naan - IMG_1644
Method
Heat water and milk mixture in microwave for 30 seconds or until the temperature reaches 110 – 120 degrees F.  Mix yeast in and dissolve and leave it for couple of minutes (it will become frothy)
Mix the dry ingredients to flour and add oil and add yogurt and now add the yeast mixture. Mix it to a dough. Add oil to hand if required.
Keep the dough for 1 to 2 hours and it should become double in volume
Heat the oven to 500 degrees F and leave for 20 minutes with the Pizza stone or the baking tray in it.
Roll the naan to the desired shape and press the garlic on it and use the baking stone or pizza stone to keep the naan inside after rolling it.
Keep it inside the oven and it will take around 2 to 3 minutes
Brush the naan with clear butter and now the Naan is ready to be served!
Garlic Naan - IMG_1650

Sending this to my own Guest host event – Favorite Recipes – Eggless Baking, Swathi’s page 

8 comments :

  1. I love them and now I know how to prepare..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, they looks fantastic and prefect..Love this garic naan very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. even for me its always garlic Naan:)Love your recipe & the naan looks very nice. I make these at night so havent had an opprtunity to click my naan pictures:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this naan, will give it a try soon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks perfect....luv ur Naan...visit my space in your free time..will be glad when u become a follower of my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love "Garlic Naan" and loved your post too, Sowmya... I make it often but will try it next time with your measurements :)

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friends,
Thank you for reading my blog post. Your comments and feedback is very valuable and I appreciate it very much. Please leave your valuable comments and feedback for this post. Thanks Sowmya

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...