9799692b348 Nivedhanam: Garlic Bread

Friday, October 4, 2013

Garlic Bread

Garlic Bread is a served as an appetizer or an side to Italian dish. It can be made to taste and preference. The amount of richness depends on your choice of butter added. Olive oil can also be used. You can slice the bread in half length wise and apply the butter and toast and then slice the bread into pieces.
Garlic Bread1 - IMG_9237
Ingredients
Bread – 8 slices from Italian Bread or Baguette
Butter – 4 table spoons
Minced Garlic – 10 cloves
Minced Green Chilies (optional) - 4
Salt (if using unsalted Butter) – A pinch
Dried Oregano or Italian Seasoning – ¼ tea spoon
Garlic Bread2 - IMG_9235Method
Depending on the bread you have, melt the required amount of Butter in a skillet.
Once melted, add in minced Garlic and Green Chilies.
Once mixed in add salt (if you are using Unsalted Butter) and a pinch of dried Oregano.
Once the Garlic is cooked and has got a little color, take it off the flame.
Slice your bread to desired thickness and brush some of the mixture on it on one side.
Toast either in an oven (350 degrees F until golden, approx. 5-6 mins) or a Toaster oven till it is a little browned at the edges.
Add 1 tea spoon cheese on each bread and broil in hi for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted
Serve hot with Pasta or Lasagna.
IMG_9238
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 33

20 comments :

  1. My favourite. This garlic bread looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garlic bread is my fav when I eat out..looks so good..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love garlic bread, just cant take my eyes from ur pictures..

    ReplyDelete
  4. very very flavorful and delicious bread :) they looks super yummm !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Garlic bread looks delicious.

    On going Event - WTML at my space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this bread. It an all time favorite in our house...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spicy and delicious garlic bread.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Garlic bread looks very inviting. Perfectly made.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love garlic bread! Can have it anytime of the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Garlic bread is one of my fav appetizer.Your pics are really tempting me to grab a few...

    ReplyDelete
  11. My all time favorite..Looks yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am drooling over your garlic bread. Looks so tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Delicious though I do not enjoy garlic much my hubby will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friends,
Thank you for reading my blog post. Your comments and feedback is very valuable and I appreciate it very much. Please leave your valuable comments and feedback for this post. Thanks Sowmya

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...